ROŽŇAVA - centrum Horného Gemera
The sundial dates back to 1912 and is located on the building of the Pavol Jozef Šafárik Grammar School. It is a vertical southern sundial. The dial is divided in half hours from 7 o’clock in the morning until 5 o’clock in the afternoon. The figures are Roman and the rich and interesting decorations form the circle and the globe and ribbons over and under the sundial with Latin inscriptions.
The Tower Clock
The tower clock in the municipal building is from 1858. This beautiful late-Renaissance clock tower underwent several adaptations and today it is a natural dominating monument in the historic heart of the town of Rožňava. The tower is 36.5 meters high; in the past it had an important function – to guard. Proof of this is the preserved crenelle in the eastern section and the preserved Turkish canon ball on the southern façade. The tower was renovated in 1997 and is open for tourists as an observation tower, with guided tours provided by the Tourist Information Center in Rožňava